Sr. Customer Delivery Architect Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Have you led large, complex telecom Business Support System (BSS) or Operations Support System (OSS) transformation programs? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the cloud? Are you able to engage in executive conversations on how telecom operators can achieve greater agility, efficiency, and sustained competitive advantage by migrating and modernizing to the cloud?
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) falls within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for collaborating with Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer’s business challenges, to propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. The CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team, and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
- Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition for customers to deploy, migrate, and modernize to the cloud.
- Collaborating across AWS and partner teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer’s business outcomes.
- Working with large scale networks, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”.
- Lead and perform BSS and OSS cloud transformation strategy and planning workshops.
- Guide customers to select the architecture, migration and modernization approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others), and formulate an effective roadmap to deploying BSS and OSS on AWS.
- Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large migration programs. Translate these into professional services proposals.
- Work with telecom technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify cloud migrations.
- Understand and mitigate migration risks faced by telecom technical, operational, and business stakeholders. This includes understanding how to minimize disruptions to marketing, sales, customer support, and operations.
- Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight ,and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers.
- Work in a complex global organizations spanning multiple business units.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
- 15 or more years working in the telecommunications industry
- 10 or more years implementing BSS or OSS solutions
- 5 or more years deploying and orchestrating applications or network functions on the cloud
- 5 or more years working in a professional services capacity across pre-sales, and delivery
- Experienced in Enterprise IT
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
- BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA