Sr. Data Engineer Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Interested in working in a high impact role? This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon. Third-party hardware makers can integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the brain behind Amazon Echo, into their products. AVS is enabling many new connected devices and exciting consumer use cases in the home and on the go.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer that can help to architect and build data infrastructure to accelerate key efforts related to personalization and engagement. The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data system architecture and data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets to drive key business decisions and feed into science models
- Identify, setup, and maintain infrastructure required to host science models
- Integrate personalization models with internal tools, marketing channels, and on-device services
- Create infrastructure to identify anomalous input data, monitor model output, and send alerts
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Manage AWS Resources
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customersBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field, and 7-10 years professional experience
- Experience gathering business requirements, and designing data system solutions to meet customer needs
- Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA