Sr Dir, Industrial Engineering Jobs in Atlanta, GA at Americold Logistics
Title: Sr Dir, Industrial Engineering
Company: Americold Logistics
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: $200K — $250K *
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide strategic and tactical direction for the Global Industrial Engineering team. Provide leadership to all regional Industrial Engineering Managers and Field Engineers. Lead and ensure execution of all projects for global network related to implementation and maintenance of Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management Standards, Incentives related to productivity/efficiency performance, Americold Operating System maturity, major market projects/expansions and Continuous Improvement projects.
• Lead global engineering organization to ensure development and execution of all Industrial Engineering projects and initiatives.
• Lead due diligence and integration process for all new acquisitions.
• Be the technical subject matter expertise to all new major market expansions and new builds ensuring best in class designs.
• Ensure all IE’s understand and trained on change management to deploy projects with strong execution and sustainability.
• Ensure organization is measuring and reporting out on all relevant metrics as it relates to productivity, cost, efficiencies, budgets and compliance requirements.
• Develop best in class change management process and ensure compliance to process by field engineering team.
• Bring new thought leadership and innovation to drive operational performance improvement for existing and new builds.
• Ensure compliance to all labor standards, incentives and Americold Operating Systems focus areas related to Industrial Engineering and process improvement.
• Ensure Operations knowledge is fully engrained and sustained regarding project outcomes and 5 Habits Structure is in place and well attended by IE team.
• Build annual budget for the team as well as making sure all projects are executed on time, on budget with expected result.
• Ensure department budget meets or exceeds expectations
• Provide budget guidance to Operations teams regarding disruption and startup costs as it relates to projects affecting the sites.
• Develop project scopes, specifications and estimates as needed by using reliable Project Management Tools.
• Lead and execute continuous improvement projects.
• Provide training, development, and succession planning for all industrial engineers and regional managers.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree such as Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Logistics is required
• 10+ years of work experience in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
• Continuous Improvement and PMO skills required; PMP certification and Lean Six Sigma preferred
• Experience with the distribution/warehouse/logistics or manufacturing required
• The …