Sr. IT Project Manager – Utilities Job at Exelon Corporation in Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Utilities IT is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, open minded IT Project Manager to deliver fast paced projects within its Work & Asset Management tower. This position will lead multiple small to medium sized (valued at $250K to $15 million) Waterfall and Agile methodology-based projects of varying complexity.
Exelon, a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career as part of a diverse, inclusive and energetic workforce. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage Information Technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple IT disciplines and areas including contract resources. Portfolio includes both Waterfall and Agile methodology-based projects. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget projects and programs. Leads project teams through business case development, funding approval process, initiation, execution and project closeout in accordance with IT Management Model and PMI standards. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $15 million.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible and accountable for overall project performance for projects, subprojects, processes, new technology programs, information technology and organizational initiatives from initiation to closeout. Must follow organizations established PM standards and governance.
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits. Regularly report out on project status including Risks and Issues, Variances and Mitigation plans.
- Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
- Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project status and issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations.
- Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, internal resources, vendors and interfacing organizations.
- Coaches and leads team members to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Identify, obtain and lead project team resources.
- Ensures project team members understand their respective responsibilities.
The Project Manager is an individual contributor accountable for project budgets, team performance and developing strategic plans to implement projects for various organizations. Responsibilities also include managing scope, budget and schedule within approved parameters and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. Tasks include but are not limited to, ensuring the completion of business cases, budgetary approvals, project scheduling, design and engineering tasks, maintenance/installer tasks, project reporting, project financial analysis, major equipment procurement, and relationship management with customers, vendors, and regulatory agencies. Interacts routinely with key IT and business stakeholders including IT technical resources, senior management, and the Business customers.
Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards. Develop project requirements, budgets and schedules, facilitate requirements meeting. Establish milestones, anticipate issues and monitor adherence to project scope, schedules, and requirements and design documents. Maintain project documentation.
Lead IT projects and associated System Integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. Ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.
Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis, escalate risks as appropriate.
Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including application of technology solutions to deliver business results. Maintain current knowledge of Exelon architecture standards and practices.
Develop and monitor change management plans, facilitate change related discussions and communications, and act as a change agent with business stakeholders to champion changes caused by project delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited University and 5 – 8 years project management or related experience
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or PMP certification
- Demonstrated and documented success at managing projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multitask environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Financial discipline and project financial skills (manage a budget. generate forecasts, perform variance analysis)
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or Computer Science (or advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) ® certification
- Agile project management experience and either of the below certifications:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) ®
- Demonstrated experience managing System Integrators to successfully deliver projects
- PROSCI Change Management Certification
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Company: Exelon Corporation
Company Location: Baltimore, MD