Sr. Product Manager Technical Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure services platform in the (” computing”). With AWS you can procure compute power, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The Management function within the AWS World Wide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is growing rapidly and is looking for a Senior Product Manager – Technical. In this role you will own and drive exciting new initiatives with Products – from building new features to improving performance and latency. This is a visible position that will interact at all levels of the AWS businesses and the ability to collaborate effectively with other senior leaders and customers is a key requirement for this role.
The candidate must possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes. Ingenuity and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have superb communication skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand manner.
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. Able to think about business opportunities, operations, and architectural diagrams during stakeholder discussions. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own capabilities and perspectives.
- Author documents relating to product life cycle including product vision, roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
- Translate complex business requirements into functional designs or specification
- Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Sales Operations, Product Management, Sales and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Coordinate and manage comprehensive user acceptance testing including creation of test cases
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate risks at multiple levels
- Identify and communicate risks to stakeholder including defining risk mitigation strategies
- Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10+ years of demonstrated technical management, including defining and documenting functional specifications, system integration’s, and control and data flows.
- Experience in leading development start to finish
- Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines, presenting findings to an executive audience and publishing findings in written format
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated solid judgment and effective communication skills.
- Experience as owner with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and to internal and external audiences.
- Strong Project and Program Management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA