Sr. Research Scientist, Music Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
As a Sr. Research Scientist in Music, you’ll discover insights that drive marketing, content and product strategy for our Amazon Music streaming service. You will have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by mobile, desktop and home music streaming application usage interactions and music consumption behaviors.
Major responsibilities include:
Translate / Interpret
- Complex and interrelated datasets describing customer behavior, messaging, content, product design and financial impact.
Measure / Quantify / Expand
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
Explore / Enlighten
- Formalize assumptions about how users are expected to behave, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
- Make Decisions and Recommendations
- Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analyzing and modeling algorithms
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
- PhD or equivalent Master’s degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
- 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
- MSc in a relevant field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA