Sr. Scientist Job at Johnson Service Group in Los Angeles, CA
Our client in West LA is seeking a Product Development Scientist to join their team.
The primary duty of the Senior Scientist is to be a dietary supplement expert on immunology and endocrinology by reading and staying on top of the latest scientific literature. The senior scientist is a principal resource for scientific information, substantiation and training/marketing for staff, US and international sales. This role will be the leading expert on nutritional supplementation to support immune health.
1. Evaluates new ingredients for product development.
2. Contributes to new product development and reformulation based on up to date science and technology.
3. Responds to science requests for information and clarifications.
4. Reviews scientific information, curates the library of information, reviews documents submitted by writers and enter information as needed.
5. Creates a variety of content, including articles, slide presentations and product descriptions.
6. Keeps up with scientific developments related to nutraceutical industry.
7. Performs any other duties as may be required by manager.
Minimum of PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Physiology, Nutrition or related field.
Strong scientific background related to nutrition and wellness, especially in immunology and probiotics.
Knowledge of DSHEA and FTC guidelines
Minimum 2 years experience in the dietary supplement, pharma, or beverage industries required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Great attitude, detail oriented and work ethic.
Must have strong research and communication skills.
Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
Must have strong attention to detail
Must be a team player.
Company: Johnson Service Group
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA