Staff Accountant Jobs in Chicago, IL at CME
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Chicago, IL
The primary role of the Corporate Accounting group is to prepare and analyze the consolidated financial statements for domestic and foreign entities. Corporate Accounting also assists the Financial Reporting team in the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Corporate Accounting group is also responsible for ensuring local statutory requirements are adhered to in our international locations.
• Deliver timely and accurate SEC reports each quarter while attaining the highest possible level of disclosure quality as well as compliance with the CME Group’s documentation and Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
• Ensure completion of special projects as they are assigned by Management. Projects may include assisting in the integration of acquired companies, both foreign and domestic, as applicable, process improvements, evaluation and/or assistance with the implementation of new software tools, or other ad hoc requests.
• Ensure that audit requests for internal, benefit plan, & non-profit audits are prepared accurately and provided on a timely basis.
• Serve as the accounting liaison for non-profit liaisons in addressing their accounting needs & providing them w/ the monthly financial package for their respective non-profit entities.
• Ensure that assigned govt filings are accurate & are completed on a timely basis.
Work closely w/ internal auditors to coordinate requests & ensure completion of audited financial statements.
• Maintain the chart of accounts in the PeopleSoft general ledger system.
• Provide leadership and mentoring of the Accounting Department interns.
• Run PeopleSoft (i.e. allocations) and HFM (i.e. consolidation) processes and accurately prepare well-documented journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned for month-end / quarter-end within the established close deadline.
• Support more senior team members in preparing MT analysis and certification reports.
Skills & Software Requirements:
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. CME Group complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical cond…