Staff Product Designer Jobs in Windsor Locks, CT at Collins Aerospace
Title: Staff Product Designer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Windsor Locks, CT
Salary: $100K – $150K*
Category: Aerospace & Defense
This position is for a senior Drafting Service / Product Definition professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Manages drawing views to depict proper details, drafts detailed and assembly drawings, and masters multiple computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools.
• Lays out and draws schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
• Follows established drafting standards and principles to prepare layouts and drawings of machinery, equipment, or structures from engineering specifications.
• Masters computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA.
• Develops complex detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls.
• Drafts detailed and assembly drawings of design components, circuitry and printed circuit boards, using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
• Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
• Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
• Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
• Prepares complete production detail drawings.
• Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
• Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Valid through: 6/14/2020