Start-ups Business Intelligence Analyst Job at AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch) in London
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
- 7-10+ years of industry experience in data analysis.
- Experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses within the start-up community, take their computing infrastructures and applications into the cloud.
The AWS Startup Business Development team is looking for a talented , driven, self-directed Business Analyst to join an organization that is responsible for driving adoption of the AWS platform by startups around the world. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast growing business, and to provide significant value for customers building lean, innovative new companies. Specifically, this role will include defining, building and scaling metrics and analytical insights that will measure the success and drive the day-to-day behavior for the AWS Startup BD team. You will work closely with members of the BD and Analytics teams to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions. You’ll collaborate with engineers to build self-service reports and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses. Successful candidates will be analytical with business acumen, and detail driven with excellent problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have a rock-solid background in data analysis, including experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features for data analysis, and producing digestible business intelligence and actionable information. The candidate should also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”
- Computer programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
- Experience or familiarity with the startup ecosystem, including dynamic of startups, accelerators, venture firms and more
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Company: AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Company Location: London