Stock Clerk II Job at San Joaquin General Hospital – 3.7 in French Camp, CA
This examination is being given to fill one vacancy in the Material Management department at San Joaquin General Hospital and to establish an eligible list to fill future vacancies. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Checks goods received against purchase invoices, dray tickets, bills of lading, purchase orders, and requisitions.
- Fills requisitions and delivers supplies; wraps and packages goods for insurance or shipment.
- Assists in taking physical inventories and keeping manual or computerized perpetual inventory records of supplies of stock on hand on a materials management information system.
- Notifies superiors when stock supply becomes depleted.
- Keeps shelves and goods clean and sees that stock is properly placed and properly arranged.
- Keeps manual and computerized records of goods received and issued.
- May operate heavy equipment in making pickups or deliveries.
- May perform miscellaneous unskilled or semi-skilled laboring tasks in the assembling, repair or adjustment of the departmental equipment, tools or supplies.
- May perform light janitorial duties as required.
Experience: One year of experience receiving and issuing stores supplies and maintaining simple stock records in a perpetual computerized inventory environment.
License and Certificates: Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Methods and procedures used in receiving, storing, packing and issuing supplies; usual forms, methods, and practices, of a stores unit of a governmental or commercial organization; taking inventories and maintaining computerized inventory records on a materials management inventory system; safe methods of lifting heavy objects and performing manual tasks.
Make rapid and accurate computations using arithmetic calculations including addition, subtraction and multiplication, in connection with stockroom work; maintain computerized inventory records; computer data entry; carry out oral and written instructions; communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships; treat customers courteously; provide excellent customer relations; maintain routine records; lift heavy objects.
Be physically able to lift at least 30 pounds from floor level using proper body mechanics; be capable of carrying 30 pound containers with dolly assistance; and/or pull stock weighing at least 30 pounds. Must be able to walk and stand for periods of up to four hours in one time period. Be able to perform repetitive motion when operating a keyboard. Hold, reach, grasp, bend, and squat while working with stock and supplies. Must be able to perform duties using overall vision including color perception, eye/hand coordination, depth perception, reading close-up work and peripheral vision. Must be able to hear normal speech, talk in person and on the telephone. Must be able to work in a noisy environment and with exposure to cold and heat.
Company: San Joaquin General Hospital – 3.7
Company Location: French Camp, CA