Structural Engineer Jobs in Leeds – England – UK at Calibre Search
Title: Structural Engineer
Company: Calibre Search
Location: Leeds – England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Construction
Salary: Salary 39000 GBP Yearly GBP 39000 YEAR
Senior Structural Engineer – Contract or Permanent
An opportunity has arisen in my clients Leeds office for a Senior Structural Engineer to lead projects in a client-facing capacity across a range of sectors, including culture, residential, high rise, education, refurbishment, mixed use and commercial. This opportunity can be either a permanent staff or a contract position dependent.
My clients’ Leeds office has contributed to some of the most iconic projects in the North of England and Midlands in recent years, including The Library of Birmingham, One Angel Square, and HOME Cultural & Arts Centre, and with current workload including Angel Gardens Tower in Manchester, The Factory Theatre, Quarry Hill redevelopment in Leeds, and the Middlewood Locks Masterplan. They can offer you all the opportunity necessary to develop as a technical specialist and commercially-minded structural leader.
As a client-facing Senior Engineer, your responsibilities will typically comprise:
* Leading structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
* Working closely with and monitor performance of a technician.
* Representing them at meetings with their clients, other professionals and suppliers.
* Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
* Ensuring appropriate service/design decisions are met.
* Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
* Coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
* Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers.
As an experienced Structural Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
* Extensive building structures design experience.
* Experience as a lead structural engineer on projects.
* Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
* Skilled in the use of design and modelling software such as Robot, Etabs, Rhino etc
* Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE) or close to obtaining chartership.
* Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Master’s degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for chartership.
* Mobility to travel.
In return they can offer exceptional opportunities to solve some of the most interesting engineering challenges on world-class projects, work directly with acclaimed architects as a project leader on a broad spectrum of challenging schemes, including large scale residential masterplans, higher education developments, and iconic cultural venues and rapidly progress your career within a growing, creative and architecturally led structural engineering team.
For more information please contact Sam Smith at Calibre Search in Leeds or click apply
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.