Supervisor Job at Flexipol – in Haslingden
Flexipol supply packaging mainly into the food and medical industry. The Company is now in its 29th year, and during this time the business has grown each year steadily, providing long term secure employment. The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing, along with an excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
The Job Purpose
To support the conversion coordinator & shift manager in their roles/duties. Managing machine operatives in Unit 14 conversion department ensuring adherence to KPI targets. Ensuring that operatives that they manage are adequately trained and developed to achieve organisational standards and performance measures.
Key Areas of responsibility
Supporting the conversion coordinators and the shift manager in line with department KPIs:
- Production and productivity
- Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental
- Housekeeping and Waste
First line management of production operatives:
- Absence Management
- Performance monitoring and training
- Communication and Motivating
Ensure compliance to company standards and procedures:
- ISO 9001; 14001; 18001 and 27001.
- Strong Individual with an analytical approach with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and can work under pressure with a can-do attitude, able to overcome obstacles with a team approach
- Excellent oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people
- Embraces change and always looking for a better way
Knowledge, Training and Experience required
- ILM Level 3 Team leader/Supervisor (Achieved or working towards)
- IOSH Working Safely (1-day course)
- Previous experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment (Minimum of two years working experience)
- Somebody who is motivated; proactive & who has a positive approach to their work.
- Quality and Environmental Awareness
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Salary Range is £28.5k (14.00) to £30k (£14.50).
- Overtime is paid after basic hours are completed at 1.500 of your basic hourly rate.
- Rotating 3-week pattern, working rotation of days and nights (No working between 19:00 on Friday to 19:00 on Sundays), hours from 07:00/19:00 to 19:00/07:00, average 39.5-hour per week.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Parking
This role is being advertised internally and externally and is also open to all current employees, current agency, and contractors.
Flexipol is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14.50 per hour
Company: Flexipol –
Company Location: Haslingden