Support Worker Learning Disabilities Job at In Caring Hands Limited – in St. Austell
Support Worker (Learning Disabilities) (£9.65/hr)
In Caring Hands specialises in person-centred care of young adults with profound multiple learning disabilities and complex health needs in our respite home in St Austell town and in the surrounding community.
Benefits with In Caring Hands
· Full time employment
· Permanent contract
· 28 days holiday (this includes Bank Holidays)
· Carer of the month reward
· Bonus for assisting to recruit a friend
· Company pension scheme
· Paid travel time and mileage between appointments at normal hourly rate (if working in the community)
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for delivering high quality, person-centred care working as part of a rota system with your colleagues.
The role is for our respite home and supporting individuals in their own homes and is a permanent full time position.
We would prefer applicants to have had experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities.
Qualifications and Skills
· Ability for flexible working including evenings and weekends
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Full driving licence with a car
· Caring nature and suitable employment background
· Strong ability in team working
· The ability to work positively, with good humour
· Willingness to learn to improve service delivery
· Take responsibility for actions and plan effectively to deliver results
· Experience of working in a caring environment
· NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
· First Aid certificate
· The ability to develop knowledge as required by the role
Reference ID: Day support worker June 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.65 per hour
We follow Public Health England guidelines; all PPE is provided.
- Driving Licence (required)
Company: In Caring Hands Limited –
Company Location: St. Austell