Support Worker X 6 Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Bexley
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Full Time, Permanent
Support Worker X 6
Recruiting 6 x Support Workers to join our Learning Disabilities service based in Bexley!
GBP 22,561 per annum, 40 hours per week, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Wadeville is a care home providing 24 hour care and support to people living with learning disabilities, mental health and physical disabilities across our registered & support living service. We are a 26 bedded service in London Borough of Bexley.
At Wadeville we strive to deliver the best possible care to the residents based on their individual needs. The residents and their families work closely with the management and local authority via regular meetings to help us put together person centred plans and ideas of what the residents would like whilst we support them.
Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the Support Workers/ management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Undertake personal care duties
- IT skills essential
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Open to feedback and self development
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or experience within charity/social care sector
- Relevant specialism experience
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Bexley