Teacher – Bowen Road Primary School Job in Tasmania at Tasmanian Government
Department of Education
Schools (Southern Region)
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 02 October, 2022 11:55 PM
Position details Applications close: Sunday 2 October, 2022 11:55 PM AEST
Award/Classification: Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award – Teacher Band 1 Salary: $70,794 to $106,764 per annum
Employment Type: Fixed-term, part-time
Region: South, Statewide
The Department of Education aims to transform the way Tasmanians access education, training and information services, provide a fresh and exciting approach to lifelong learning and build an education system that inspires and supports all learners to succeed as connected, resilient, creative and curious thinkers.
To implement and manage appropriate learning programs for students and to assess individual student progress
Period of Appointment
17 October 2022 to 22 December 2022
Hours per fortnight
56 hours per fortnight
- Qualifications as established by the Tasmanian Industrial Commission in the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award, 2005.
- Current certificate of registration; or provisional registration; or limited authority to teach granted by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania) in accordance with the provisions of the Teachers Registration Act 2000. Please note that a person with a limited authority to teach can only be employed on a fixed-term basis.
- Under the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award;
- Any new employee commencing from 2018 will not progress past Band 1 Level 9 unless the employee has full teacher registration as certified by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania).
- An employee who has been at Band 1 Level 12 for 12 months or more and has full teacher registration as certified by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania) is eligible to progress to Level 13.
The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
- Current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status – Employment).
Four years or more training as defined in the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award 2005
Statement of Duties and a reference guide to assist with applying online can be found here:
About the Company
Company: Tasmanian Government
Company Location: Tasmania