Team Member – St Helens Job at Subway in St Helens
Do you want to work for an established company committed to developing both their people and the Subway brand in the North West?
Fast & Fresh are the development agents for Subway in Lancashire, Cumbria, Merseyside and Cheshire. We are looking to recruit staff for our Prescot Road, St Helens stores with industry competitive pay and great opportunities for career development.
If you are committed to excellence in customer experience and quality, have a passion for growing sales and want to work in a great team, we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of the Role
To provide an efficient, friendly service to our customers and preparing and delivering a product that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
The Team Member is expected to carry out the following duties:
- To provide excellent customer service; Greet and welcome customers to Subway, serve quality made sandwiches to customer specification
- Food preparation; Prepare vegetables; pan, retard and bake bread; prepare meat setups, and ensure front counter is well stocked with fresh produce
- Paperwork and cash handling; Carry out cash-ins, use cash register
- Cleaning; Ensure customer area and back room is kept clean and tidy; take part in the cleaning rota.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the position.
To perform the above tasks the Team Member will use the following equipment: –
- cash register
- bread oven
- vegetable slicer
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a teamwork environment
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Flexible and reliable
- Ability to carry out instructions accurately
Flexibility is very important for this role, and you may be required to cover shifts starting from 6.30 a.m. or finishing up to 9.30 p.m. Please indicate your availability on your application.
Full training will be given on all aspects of the job.
The Team member must wear a uniform. The Company will provide polo shirts, baseball cap and apron, you will also be required to wear black trousers and black shoes.
There is a probationary period of 3 months.
**Please be aware a Customer service assessment will be e-mailed when you apply. Applications will not be considered without a completed assessment**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- St Helens, Merseyside (Preferred)
Company Location: St Helens