Technical Lead / Chief Technology Officer – Dubai, UAE Job at Cobblestone Energy in London
Technical Lead / Chief Technology Officer – Dubai, UAE
Annual Salary of 80,000 – 140,000 USD (Tax free) DOE+ Competitive bonus’ DOE
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Leading our Technology team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performant data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business.
We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are moving to Dubai, UAE once this quarantine period is over. This role will be recruited and onboarded remotely. Work shall be done from your home country until it is possible to do a relocation. Cobblestone Energy shall handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf.
Technologies we currently use in the backend:
- Languages: Python, Java.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: ActiveMQ, Apache Spark& Kafka.
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Virtualization.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS EC2.
- CI & CD: Bitbucket + Bash & Python
Technologies we currently use in the frontend:
- Messaging and Stream Processing: ActiveMQ, WebSockets.
- Frameworks: NodeJS, Electron, React.
- Libraries: ChartJS, D3js, TabulatorJs.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS EC2.
- CI & CD: Bitbucket + Bash, Wine & Python
As the head of our technology team, you will lead the decisions on our technology choices going forward.
1. Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
2. Encourage independent thinking through an idea meritocracy
3. The team’s success is more important than any one person’s
4. We want to be the best in any market we enter
5. Searching for and keeping only the most effective people
- Driving technical vision and execution as well as provide architectural and functional leadership to a team of engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Gain a deep understanding of the business and its requirements. This will enable you to explore new options, carry out business analysis and independently suggest technology requirements.
- Build a great team of highly productive and engaged developers to support business tech needs.
- Guide the teams in this journey to learn together, grow as individuals and enjoy the effect of increased productivity
- Review the output of all the team members to ensure they are sound accordioning to our tech guidelines, which you yourself will help shape.
- Manage stakeholder requirements, expectations, and task pipelines
- You are accountable for the team’s progress and delivery of targets.
- Plan and monitor the progress of implementation and execution of projects in a high demand environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer science generally (operating systems, distributed systems, software engineering, networking, security …)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and mentoring software developers and teams (including distributed) to produce proven highly efficient and useful products.
- High level of interest in data; its management, processing, manipulation, analysis and presentation.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience developing software for both front-end and backend applications.
- Strong experience working with relational databases and managing large data volumes (Relational & NoSQL)
- A strong interest not only in technology but also the commercial side of the business.
- The ability to structure, organize, plan and execute work across cross-functional teams.
- Passion for improvement of the status quo, employees, tools and processes.
- A desire to work in a respectful and transparent work environment that values initiative and innovation using a flat team structure and open communication.
- Good understanding of agile project management methodologies and sprint planning.
- Strong Mathematical skills. Ideally from an engineering or quantitative background
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with both business managers, traders and developers
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in Electricity Trading before is highly valued, though not required.
- Strong command of the English Language.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work with a brilliant and ambitious fast-growing team, en-route to becoming the largest intraday power traders in Europe. Once Europe is conquered, we are going global.
- A challenge to spearhead the building of an incredible and resourceful team of software developers and engineers.
- Growth and experience in independent business leadership.
- High value addition while directly contributing to the growth of our operations and profile through the delivery of critical technical solutions.
- Highly competitive salaries and bonuses.
- Enriching life experiences
Are you interested in the challenge? If so, please send us an email.
- Bonus scheme
- Sick pay
- On-site parking
Reference ID: tech_lead_uk
Application deadline: 30/06/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £66,000.00 to £120,000.00 /year
- Information Technology: 5 years (Preferred)
Company: Cobblestone Energy
Company Location: London