Telemedicine Assistant Job at Appletree Medical Group – in Toronto, ON
Appletree Shared Services Corporation
Who We Are
Appletree Shared Services Corporation is the most progressive multi-disciplinary medical group in Canada. We assist and manage the practices of Ontario’s best family physicians and specialists, including physicians offering virtual healthcare services. For over two decades, we have worked with bright and motivated individuals on our mission to improve access to community healthcare in Canada. Our journey is now leading us to help other parts of the world re-build access to healthcare in their own communities, and we are only just getting started. Come discover how you may join our talented team and participate in shaping the future of community healthcare.
Why You Should Join Us
At Appletree, we offer a wide range of career opportunities for individuals seeking experience in the healthcare industry. We have suitable positions for medical school hopefuls, for those interested in a career in healthcare, for foreign medical graduates, for those who are still searching for a career path, and for experienced professionals who are looking to make a positive impact in our community. We offer opportunities for growth, flexible work hours, access to premium healthcare services for you and your family, flexible benefits plan, and valuable experience that will jumpstart your career and continue your professional development.
The Telemedicine Assistant position is designed for International Medical Graduates or Internationally Trained Physicians. It is ideal for the individual who is looking to gain knowledge in the Canadian healthcare system and is actively pursuing their medical licensing in North America. The Telemedicine Assistant works under the supervision of a physican, who is acting as a technician and assistant being the “eyes and ears” of the doctor in the exam room.
- $16/hour, plus additional bonuses based on individual services.
- Must meet training milestones in the first three weeks of employment including all exams and certificates.
- Following a 3-Month probationary period the TA is eligible for a Performance Review. Following the successful completion of this review, they will have the opportunity to train in one or more specialty programs (e.g. Diabetes Program, Travel Medicine, Allergy Testing, Foot Care, and Wellbaby). Working in any of these programs will earn the TA an additional ‘per service/task’ bonus, on top of their usual hourly rate of pay and basic bonuses.
Benefits: dental, health spending account and Life insurance, with eligibility beginning at 6 months of continuous full time employment.
Location: West Toronto
Reports to: Operations Manager
Career Path: Training Consultant, Supervisor, Operations Manager
What You’ll Do
Telemedicine Assistants are fully trained on and responsible for the following:
- Proper preparation of the patient for their Telemedicine visit, including conducting a comprehensive medical history of the patient and limited physical exam.
- Appropriate application of scripts, scenarios and clinical skills, and usage of EMR.
- Explaining the role of the Telemedicine Assistant and the program to patients, staff and physicians.
- During the visit, scribing for the remote physician as appropriate and/or required.
- Ensure consistent inventory levels through daily stocking of exam rooms
- Ensure a clean & quiet environment by cleaning/sanitizing exam rooms, common spaces, foyers, bathrooms.
- Proper opening and/or closing procedures of the clinic.
- Proper registration of the patient administratively (i.e. reception, scheduling, collecting payments, etc.)
- Basic IT troubleshooting, as needed.
- Record and document management.
- Other duties as required
What We’re Looking For
- Completion of a medical degree.
- Applicants must have completed their MCCEE/MCCQE Part 1 or USMLE Step 1 (at a minimum); completion of NAC OSCE is considered an asset.
- Previous residency interviews in the US or Canada is considered an asset.
- Recent medical experience (within the last 5 years) is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken, written, reading and comprehension); other languages are considered an asset.
- Committed, reliable, and flexible with regards to scheduling of shifts (i.e. days, evenings and weekends).
- Flexible with regards to working at multiple clinic/office locations within Toronto & the GTA.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Is enthusiastic about their work and is respectful of others. Works effectively in a team and independently.
- Passionate about personal learning, training and ongoing development.
Our process for hiring is rigorous. Our objective is to ensure that you are the right fit for us, just as we are for you. We promote fairness, equity, and diversity, as such, you will meet and speak to various people on our hiring team throughout the process. The screening stage begins with a few application questions, a basic communications assessment, and finally a phone interview. Successful applicants moving into the selection stage will be invited to an in-person interview where more information about the position is given to the candidate. At that point you will have the opportunity to ask job-specific questions and make an informed decision on whether you should join us.
Appletree is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Appletree will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Company: Appletree Medical Group –
Company Location: Toronto, ON