TPM Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon Appstore – Entertainment Devices and Services team is looking for a Senior technical program manager to drive cross-functional initiatives across Appstore teams.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering end to end project. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative digital content and device features as services or products. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders in business teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
- Create, align, manage, and deliver medium to large programs and portolio of projects
- Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Build and design medium to large digital content experience features and products on muliple screens.
- Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others’ point of views when needed
Job location is open for interested candidates in Sunnyvale, Irvine or Seattle.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- * Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering)
- Experience with software development (Device, Application, Android)
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA