Trainee Field Technician Job at Yarra Valley Water in Mitcham VIC
Full-time role (3 years) at an organisation with an award-winning culture
Flexible working arrangements considered
Yarra Valley Water provides essential water supply and sanitation services to over 2 million people who live and work in the northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne. As an industry leader involved in exciting and innovative service solutions, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our customers and creating a brighter future for communities and the natural environment.
We see a bright future that starts with people. Our award-winning culture fosters an inclusive, collaborative work environment and provides the development opportunities, flexibility and support that enable high levels of achievement and personal satisfaction. We’ve created a vibrant workplace committed to supporting staff achieve their goals. We believe this is the key to a satisfied and productive workforce. We offer a range of benefits, so your working environment helps you to achieve your personal goals.
The Water Operations Team is seeking an enthusiastic Trainee Field Technician, keen to learn Drinking Water and Recycled Water Network Operations. To be successful in this role you will enjoy working outdoors, being hands on, problem solving and coming up with innovative solutions and care about our customers. As the Trainee Field Technician you will work closely with our experienced Field and Network technicians and develop skills, knowledge and experience in operating our Drinking Water and Recycled Water Network assets and facilities, ensuring we continue to provide our customers with safe, pleasant and reliable water supply.
You will receive on the job training and an opportunity to undertake a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (or equivalent). You will be exposed to a variety of work under guidance from the Team. You will also contribute toward achieving a supportive, collaborative and constructive culture that includes providing support as required to the Team.
What will I be doing?
- Field operation of critical water assets and facilities, such as isolation and re-commissioning of reservoirs, pressure reducing valves, pump stations and water mains;
- Undertake planned and unplanned shutdowns of assets to minimize customer, environmental and infrastructure impact, including active planning of these shutdowns with Network Technicians;
- Support the commissioning of new assets and upgrades;
- Field investigations in response to customer concerns about pressure, flow and water quality
- Provide field response during emergencies and incidents in the water supply system to mitigate and minimize impact;
- Work in the field as needed across Yarra Valley Water’s service area and
- Provide technical advice to internal and external customers on asset details and operational requirements.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Full valid Victorian drivers’ license and ability to travel
- CCF White card is highly regarded
- Experience working with standard operating procedures
- Competent in the use of computers and related technology for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, electronic communication and analysis tasks
- Excellent customer service and customer management skills, including experience in face to face communication with customers and conflict resolution
Please note that this role requires the manual operation of valves and field equipment which requires a moderate level of physical strength and mobility. We may require candidates to be assessed by an Occupational Physician as part of the selection process.
- This full-time role (3 years) is classified as an Officer Level 1.2.1, with an annual salary of $61,361.41, plus 10% superannuation
- Opportunity to study a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (or equivalent)
- Access to work vehicle for travel to and from Yarra Valley Water sites
- Home office set up allowance
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
- Social events, skill-sharing and networking opportunities
How to apply
Applications should include a supporting Cover Letter and Resume.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th February 2021
Yarra Valley Water is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from all types of people, from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for our customers, and we value a workforce that’s a match for our diverse community.
This position is available for Yarra Valley Water employees and external applicants.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).
Company: Yarra Valley Water
Company Location: Mitcham VIC