Trainee Rail Track Operative Job at Direct Tools Supplies in Stratford
Do you want a career working in rail infrastructure?
The purpose of the role:
You will be learning from our expert team while assisting on daily rail track maintenance operations, such as, sleeper changes, rail changes, assisting maintenance schedules, stressing, and track Inspections.
We will help you gain the skills and industry training you need for this challenging role.
This is a manual job, therefore you must be physically fit and able to pass a medical.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Reliable and punctual at all times and willing to learn
- Good communicator and have the ability to follow instructions
- A good awareness of safety
- Can work effectively as part of a team or as an individual
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
The benefits working with us:
Working and training with us you will gain:
- Real-life work experience within the Rail Infrastructure
- Relevant Industry Training, prior to employment to successful completion and selection of the rail pre-employment training (Traineeship), such as, Personal Track Safety (PTS), Track Induction (TIC), Industry Common Induction (ICI)
- Powered Plant Competencies (Rail Saw, Impact Wrench, Generator etc.)
- Industry Drugs and Alcohol screening
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Furthermore, we can help with English and Maths (if you need it)
Upskill in Industry:
- Controller of site safety (COSS)
- Engineering Supervisor (ES)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £9.25 to £13.25 /hour
Company: Direct Tools Supplies
Company Location: Stratford