Transport Supervisor Job at First Class Africa – in Knysna, Western Cape
- Ensure that the correct driver is on the correct vehicle and that the manifest corresponds.
- Ensure that the vehicles have the assistants to complete the task.
- Make sure that drivers are on time, presentable, dressed in
- Company uniform or contract Company uniform (when applicable).
- Make sure that drivers return with the correct documentation and that paperwork handed in is complete and correct.
- Ensure that drivers adhere to the Company policies and procedures through the
- necessary disciplinary action for non-compliance.
- Responsible for all Company vehicles and trailers under your control.
- Monitor the driver’s diesel consumption report on a daily basis and communicate unacceptable diesel consumption to the branch manager.
- When a driver reports late from a collection or delivery or after 19h00, he must provide valid reasons in writing and communicate this to the branch manager immediately.
- Ensure that a vehicle checklist is handed in for every vehicle, every day the vehicle is being used.
- Complete accurate service reports.
- Diploma/Degree in Logistics/Transport Management (advantageous)
- 3 years of experience as a Transport/Operations Supervisor
- Must be Fluent in English
- Must have a valid code 8 driver’s license (non-negotiable)
- Must be able to thrive under pressure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R14,000.00 – R17,000.00 per month
Company: First Class Africa –
Company Location: Knysna, Western Cape