Underwriting Assistant Job at Liberty Specialty Markets – in Paris (75)
Creation Date: 06-Apr-2021
Closing Date: 09-May-2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Ref #: 4256
Description & Requirements
Job Title: Underwriting Assistant
Who we are?
Liberty Specialty Markets is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets. Established in 2013, bringing together Liberty’s company, syndicate and reinsurance operations into one combined operation of over 1,900 people, over 50 specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products and four underwriting platforms.
- Regularly meet and have open dialogue with the Underwriters, to ensure: o that their service levels are being met
o Underwriter feedback is captured and where necessary, acted upon.
o data quality issues are identified promptly
o new administrative tasks can be captured and assessed in good time.
- Be an active member of the team meetings, sharing relevant information with colleagues and contributing positively to the team’s objectives
- Administers accurate and timely logging of data onto the relevant systems i.e. premium/ policy /endorsement/quotes/renewals and submission entries and manages own workload appropriately (IRIS, Genius and LUCID)
- Responds positively when data quality issues are identified within his/her work, and takes corrective actions in timely manner.
- Undertake your role with due regard to the prescribed responsibilities and regulatory requirements associated with that role – which may require undertaking appropriate learning & development.
- Take appropriate responsibility for legal entity management oversight to enable the effective response to regulatory enquiry and challenge.
- Oversee and contribute to the ongoing maintenance and fostering of a healthy culture.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant insurance experience in France in similar position
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good MS Office skills; in particular Excel.
- Experience of working to varying and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills required
- Language skills : French fluency and comfortable in English
What we can offer you:
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. We are a proud sponsor of MumsNet and encourage a flexible work life balance.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
Company: Liberty Specialty Markets –
Company Location: Paris (75)