Vendor Flex Operations Manager Job at Amazon UK Services Ltd. in United Kingdom
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
You will be able demonstrate strong leadership ability and excellent communications skills across all levels within a diverse culture.
You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
You will be willing to work to flexible schedules and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
- Obtained your degree (2:1 and above)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility to move around the EU
- The right to work in the UK
Location: UK Midlands/South
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers. From providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we’re growing our Operations team across Europe.
To strengthen our team in the UK, we are looking for a motivated Operations Manager to run our externalized operations at vendors (Vendor Flex) based in the Midlands & South UK. Reporting to the UK Vendor Flex Operations Manager, you will be in charge to manage a team of Managers located at our Vendor sites. With your team you will partner with our Amazon retail team and the vendor to deliver the best customer experience,
As Operations Manager
- Create a safe working environment for your team
- Responsible for the operational, control and management of performance, cost and capacity for the UK Vendor Flex Midlands & UK network and participation in contract negotiations
- Be in charge of the operational integration of the new vendors sites in your geographical area
- Process improvement and cost optimization
- Prioritizing projects and software feature requests, and evaluation and management of expectations internal partner.
- Effective cooperation with the Amazon Retail and Supply Chain / Contract Logistics Teams smooth and efficient processes.
Whatever your background or current area of expertise, if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. We’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things and take your career down different paths. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth.
In this role you will lead and develop a team of Managers to their full potential, ensuring your team meets performance objectives in order to fulfill and exceed our customers’ expectations. You will learn to carry out a manager’s responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; ensuring that standards of discipline are maintained and infringements are handled appropriately.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for measuring, evaluating and improving the processes in the areas of Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics, obtaining and reporting on key metrics data and driving production within your area.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
Maintain health and safety standards within your area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
The result is a learning environment that’s quite unlike any other. You’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
- Completed Bachelor, Diploma or Masters Degree;
- Professional experience and interest in a successful career in the field of logistics providers, supply chain, logistics and retail teams in an international company.
- Experience and understanding of operational logistics processes and their constant further development.
- Good understanding of the logistics business as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in successful project management in the field of logistics.
- Excellent communication skills & interpersonal skills, both to manage stakeholders relationships, and develop own team.
- As a team player support successful projects and meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience in data analysis for data creation, interpretation and evaluation.
- Technical expertise – Solution-oriented approach to systems and processes.
- Good IT skills (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- Willingness to Travel up to 50% throughout the UK. Occasional EU travel.
- Preferred qualifications
- Fullfilement Centers and or Amazon Logisitcs Experience, both local & international
- Previous External Fulfillment experience is a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Company: Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Company Location: United Kingdom