Visual Designer Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Shopping Design is looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to join the Mobile Growth design team. You will concept and craft unique and compelling visual marketing design for Amazon customers, and collaborate with interaction designers, researchers, engineers and product managers through the design and development lifecycle. As a tastemaker and storyteller, you will advocate for design excellence – contribute to marketing vision, and define visually compelling ideas for new and existing marketing placements.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and marketing concepts. You think holistically, and craft the “why” of all that we ship – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals. You have a strong understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography and incorporating imagery. You are at ease both visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into concise design deliverables and hands-on building with engineering teams. You can present your ideas confidently in the creative reviews, drive innovative design solutions, and elevate the visual experience of millions of Amazon customers around the world.Basic Qualifications
- 2+ years of design experience as a visual designer, web designer or similar role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a history of creating customer-focused, simple and intuitive designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through design concepts, case studies, mockups and/or style guides
- Experience in design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, and Keynote.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, and responsive web.
- Experience with Agile processes and partnering with technical product management and developers for design implementation
- Ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA