Warehouse Operations Manager Job in Warrington at ASDA –
About the Role
As a Warehouse Operations Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in our distribution centre, leading the team to provide an outstanding service to our stores by inspiring and developing your team. You’ll be a champion of the unique Asda culture and a role model of the values throughout the depot.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading a depot operational plan to ensure that the implementation of the business plan is smooth, within budget and meets the business objectives
- Understanding the depot plan, enabling you to lead a team of managers to outperform against the plan, dealing with performance issues swiftly and accurately
- To lead and build a plan to deliver continuous improvement, through engaging colleagues
- Running the depot in the General Managers absence working closely with the Leadership team in the depot to execute the site plan
- Management accountability for the Shift Managers, including recruitment, training, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, H&S investigations, recognition and reward for them and their teams
- Delivery of all commercial targets on the depot balance scorecard
- Succession planning and talent management
- Review processes and drive continuous improvement
- Working with trade unions
If you’re looking for a chance to develop in logistics, this could be the role for you! We’ll work with you on your shifts, but the chances are you’ll have to work some evenings and weekends.
As a Warehouse Operations Manager, experience working in a similar distribution operation with a proven track record of delivering results against KRA’s is essential. You’ll be able to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to change whilst being passionate about doing the right thing for our customer’s by driving quality and adhering to process.
You’ll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You’ll have an enthusiastic approach and be a strong coach, mentor, motivator and role model to the managers and colleagues around you, driving performance and working cross-functionally, communicating effectively across all levels.
Alongside a competitive salary, you’ll get lots of other great benefits too, including 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
About the Company
Company: ASDA –
Company Location: Warrington