Word/Data Processing Clerk II – Employee Development Section Job at City of Edmonton in Edmonton, AB
Word/Data Processing Clerk II – Employee Development Section
Job Number : 38124
The Edmonton Police Service requires an organized and efficient administrative professional to provide support to the Employee Development Section. There are three distinct and unique units: Performance Management Unit (PMU), Investigative Skills and Education Program (ISEP) and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) contained within this area, that lends itself to managing tasks and information simultaneously.
When dealing with members of the EPS, the public, and external stakeholders’ proper judgement, discretion and superior customer service skills are essential to providing accurate, complete and timely information. In short, the primary function of this position is to ensure that administrative responsibilities are efficiently and effectively carried out. Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the “first point of contact”; responding to walk-ins, telephone and email inquiries regarding classroom bookings, training records, course registration, equipment bookings and general inquiries.
- Acting as administrator for the “registrar’s office” for classroom and eLearning based courses. Coordinate the following for the CEU courses and initiatives: scheduling of programs and events; creating and maintaining training calendars; overseeing the training registration process; program and material maintenance; and tracking and reporting.
- Maintaining and updating the Learning Management System (LMS) database.
- Preparing course materials such as nametags, handouts, binders, class-lists, tent cards, certificates and any other required material specific to the course outlined by the Curriculum Designers.
- After completion of courses, creating and processing certificates of course completion.
- Ensuring classrooms are equipped with supplies and classrooms are organized based on individual program needs.
- Providing assistance when needed for classroom equipment and maintaining inventory of laptop computers for loan out.
- Scheduling meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes for the unit/section/branch meetings or initiatives.
- Main point of contact with service providers both internally and externally.
- Assisting other staff members when there is a high volume of work to be completed for training.
- Performing general office duties such as typing, filing, ordering office supplies, data entry, distributing mail, administering petty cash and processing invoices.
- Facilitating the development of Professional Development Branch training schedule.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with an emphasis on word and information processing, or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college, supplemented by training in basic microcomputer applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years diversified word and information processing experience.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- THE EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT AN ENHANCED SECURITY CLEARANCE ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hour of work program.
21M, Salary Grade: 006, $23.66 – $29.38 (Hourly), $1,597.30 – $1,983.50 (Bi-Weekly), $41,690.05 – $51,769.02 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton that expired on December 22, 2018.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: DZ
Classification Title : Word/Data Proccessing Clerk II
Posting Date : Nov 29, 2019
Closing Date : Dec 06, 2019 11:59:00 (MST)
Number of Openings (up to) : 1 – Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department : Edmonton Police Service
Work Location(s) :
Edmonton Police Service Recruiting Centre, 10177 97 Street
Edmonton T5J 0L4
Position Word/Data Processing Clerk II – Employee Development Section
TEAM Administrative Professionals
Job Type External
Job Location Edmonton Police Service Recruiting Centre, 10177 97 Street Edmonton T5J 0L4
Company: City of Edmonton
Company Location: Edmonton, AB