Youth Transitions Case Manager Job at Jefferson Center for Mental Health in Lakewood, Colorado
Youth Transitions Case Manager
To provide a time limited ‘bridge of services’ to stabilize consumers during acute phases of treatment including post hospital discharge or whose symptoms initially require more frequent interventions or enhanced engagement.
To connect identified high risk consumers with adequate supports and both internal and external services.
- Respond to referrals within twenty-four hours.
- Provide timely follow-up with consumers discharging from the hospital in accordance with Medicaid or Insurance protocols
- Timely follow up with new consumers awaiting 1st therapy session. Assess needs and refer to appropriate resources.
- Provide time limited case management to consumers who require more frequent and intensive contact/intervention to maintain stabilization than outpatient therapy services can provide.
- Engages consumers and appropriate family members and/or collaterals in time limited, strength-based, trauma informed and culturally inclusive treatment to stabilize consumer and/or avoid hospitalization.
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional Growth/Development, Relationships/Communication)
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by the Family Services Director through effective caseload management responsive to the level of ongoing clinical need.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and interval agreed upon with supervisor. Attends mandatory in-services; compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical guidelines.
- Submits 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days.
- Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date (CCARS and Service Plans).
- Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Family Services Director. Monitors client balances and takes appropriate steps in accordance with agency guidelines for collecting payment, rescheduling appointments until a fee is paid and/or a payment plan is in place, adjusting fees as needed.
- Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact, 210 days for meds only.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and respect.
- Effectively responds to the client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills develop supportive professional relationship with consumers and to work effectively with cultural competence with consumers from diverse backgrounds.
- Participates in staff development activities to enhance professional growth.
- Addresses the whole health needs of the client by ensuring that appropriate releases are in place for physical health care providers, making appropriate referrals as needed when significant physical health needs are a consideration.
- Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with the recovery process and reduces the possibility of re-traumatization.
- Participate in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the 10 principles of trauma informed care.
- Assesses and treats co-occurring substance use and mental health needs within the scope of one’s expertise (e.g. CAC certified).
- Utilizes a range of appropriate clinical and recovery focused interventions according to clinical need.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, or related field required.
- Two-year’s experience working with youth and families in the mental health or related field in a case management or care coordination role
- Ability to engage youth and families quickly and creatively
- Ability to work in community or home settings with youth and family members when deemed safe/necessary and with utilization of PPE.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with underserved or marginalized communities
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Company Location: Lakewood, Colorado